[mythtv-users] Westinghouse LCD and FX5200

Bill Chmura Bill at Explosivo.com
Mon Feb 5 21:28:22 UTC 2007

As a follow up to the original string of conversation:

* I did verify that on the 47" westinghouse, the DVI ports are different.  I found the insert with the tv that shows this and finally was able to rest easy and not think I was going crazy.

The DVI-1 port is 1080p, the DVI-2 port is 1080i - per the doc's that came with it (the little cardboard insert, the printed book tells lies... lies!!!)

* another follow up, is that switching the ports did not resolve my blinking screen issue - it has returned on the DVI-1 port, so something else I did had fixed that.  It came back after a recent reboot.  So it is either something getting whacked in the card itself, or something I should modprobe or otherwise load.  To recap: this was a problem with a few horizontal lines being strange, and the whole thing going black and re-syncing while moving through the menus.

I was so close to having it all working too!