[mythtv-users] MythTV : Thank You

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Feb 5 17:13:50 UTC 2007

On Feb 5, 2007, at 10:03 AM, Tom Lichti wrote:

> Chris Pinkham wrote:
>> If you want a really old distro, check out the wikipedia page for SLS
>> and an archive of SLS v1.03, circa the fall of 1992.
>
> I can one up you on that, I started on Yggdrasil Linux, sometime in
> 91-92. :P

I was going to mention that one but I couldn't remember how to spell
it :-)

Now, what CPU were you running. I seem to recall upgrading from a 486
to a Pentium-I in 1993 (and getting one of the originals with the
FDIV bug). I had to fill out some sort of form for Intel stating that
I actually had a need to do floating point division in order to get
the replacement. Pretty stupid huh? Like having to prove a need to
type an "F" in order to get a bad keyboard replaced.