[mythtv-users] HDTV memory usage?

Alex Halovanic halovanic at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 19:00:59 UTC 2007

I'm in nearly the same boat as you, 6150, 512 mb RAM, 64 mb allocated
to video, 1920x1080 res.  I'm running the latest svn version and have
a Debian 32-bit system installed.  I do have about 700 mb swap
installed so I seem to be able to get further than you, I have livetv
working, and the menus work, but only if I stay away from some of the
more memory-intensive themes.  Also, I have to use OpenGL to render
the menus otherwise QT causes the system to cough up all the memory
and die when i try to go into the "media settings" in the setup pages.
 OpenGL is slow to render the fading effects though as I don't think
the onboard video's really up for the task of 3d acceleration at that
res.  It's very odd.  I would think that with the amount of swap I
should be able to not run into any out of memory messages, and just
have a glacially slow system, so it seems that at 1080i it's leaking
memory in a way that it wasn't at 720p.