[mythtv-users] How can I tell if native lirc is enabled?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 18:17:22 UTC 2007

On 04/02/07, John E. Gregg <john at johngregg.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to configure lirc with mythtv 0.20 on Ubuntu 6.10.  I have
> lirc working and have the config files in place.  irw correctly shows
> the keypresses.  However mythtv doesn't register anything.  I put the
> lircrc file under ~/.mythtv.  My lircd.conf file is for Tivo Series 2
> and the lircrc file is the one referenced in the lircd.conf file.
> The names of the keys match (1_TV_POWER, etc.)  When I run
> mythfrontend, mythtv doesn't respond to remote commands.  I see no
> indication that it's using lirc at all.  I installed mythtv via the
> Synaptic package manager in Ubuntu.  Should I expect that native lirc
> is built-in or do I have to use irxevent or build mythtv myself?
> What can I do to troubleshoot further?

# mythbackend --version

and

# mythfrontend --version

will tell you if native LIRC support has been compiled in. The
frontend log will also show some LIRC output when started up, mine
(using recent SVN) shows:

2007-02-04 04:39:32.700 lirc init success using configuration file:
/home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc

I would imagine native LIRC support would be compiled into all
precompiled binaries - MythTV is pretty crippled without it, and most
online HOWTO's take it for granted the support is there when
configuring your lircrc file.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: