[mythtv-users] mythtv hardware plans

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Sun Feb 4 06:44:22 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-02-03 at 22:35 -0500, Brian Schott wrote:
> Jason,
>
> I have a pcHDTV 5500 and have to say it is still sitting on my
> shelf.  Granted, I got it last year when the driver support was
> bleeding edge SVN.  I went out and picked up a PVR-150 (figuring it
> could be my live-tv backup tuner).  I did get it working on Fedora
> after a lot of grief, but then I ran into the Comcast lack of
> channels issue.  A warning, the analog channel does not have audio!
> There is a cheezy audio out cable that you have to route into a sound
> card jack.  All for the sake of a $2 ADC chip probably.  I ran into
> problems with audio sync in my configuration.  Also, there is an IR
> blaster connector, but the last time I checked the driver wasn't
> supported.

Haven't used a 5500 card.  But as for the PVR-150, there's pretty much
no way that you need to patch an audio cable to a sound card for it to
work... so I'm assuming you're talking about the 5500 there, right?

I have a PVR-150 with the IR connected - I'm using it in receive mode.
You're going to want to check the list archives and the wiki for
supportability.  If it didn't work, someone would have screamed about it
a WHILE ago...

	-I