[mythtv-users] Ubuntu BE, Xbox FE, Which Packages?

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 23:42:21 UTC 2007

On 2/3/07, David Whyte <david.whyte at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have an Ubuntu Dapper (will be Edgy by the end of tonight) BE and 2
> Xbox FE's, all running 0.19.  I plan to upgrade to 0.20 fixes this
> weekend but understand there is a protocol bump in the fixes branch
> somewhere.
>
> Does anyone else here have a similar setup and can you tell me which
> packages to use for each system so as to avoid a protocol mis-match!
> Ideally, I would like to use the Ubuntu packages for the BE.

For anyone that is looking at this for help in the future, I found
that the packages from the Ubuntu repositories are running protocol 31
and the Xbox packages from deb http://alexfisher.me.uk/debian sarge
main are also 31 and fully compatible.

I used http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Xbox_Frontend_on_Xebian_stable
for help.