[mythtv-users] OT: DVD Ripper for Windows

Josh TwoOneSix at thatclothingco.com
Sat Feb 3 18:09:59 UTC 2007

Trey Thompson wrote:
> Having trouble with my DVD drive on the Myth box.  Only other thing I
> have is my laptop with XP on it.
>
> Anyone know of a good DVD ripper for Windows that I can rip ISO files
> to put on my Myth box?

I'm still doing some testing for Myth compatibility, but I have used
SlySofts AnyDVD to rip ISO's. (http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html)
The pretty neat thing about this software (mind you that it isn't free)
it that it will sit in your task tray and grab the encryption keys for
any DVD you put in the drive hence removing the protection, then if you
decide to use something like DVD Decrypter it doesn't need to actually
decrypt the file and you can just rip it straight to an ISO. I have also
used the free "helper" app RipIt4Me with some success using the
tutorials on the site. (a quick Google will pull it right up) Since I
don't condome Winblows either... I have to suggest fixing the DVD drive
in the Myth box and using Any::DVD to grab them.

--
Josh