[mythtv-users] Scanlines when Panning on Regular TV

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 02:23:18 UTC 2007

On 02/02/07, Matt Gibson <diwelf at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Nick,
>
> I'm outputting to a TV, not a monitor (CRT TV). Will that still play a
> factor here, I notice that page only mentions "PC MONITOR".

Outputting to an interlaced display device can cause additional issues
which I referred to as interlacing artefacts (you can see these in the
links Osma provided also). Deinterlacing all video output is a quick
way to reduce or eliminate these, but by using a proper interlaced
modeline it is possible to output interlaced video from your machine
to your TV and get a stable picture. My PVR-350 capture card produces
flawless interlaced output, which is not so easy with my old Radeon
card.

> That image in the link referring to tearing, is exactly what I am seeing.
>
> Where do I check the option to find out what timing method I am using?
> I can't seem to find it in the myth menus. I believe I'm using RTC
> method right now, but assume I should check out the video card (DRI)
> method instead.

Frontend setup TV playback settings. If you have a working OpenGL
installation you might want to use OpenGL vertical syncing as your
timing timing method. Your frontend logfile will tell you which method
is actually being used.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: