[mythtv-users] Stuttering when watching DVD with subtitles

me at blaue0.net me at blaue0.net
Fri Feb 2 08:46:54 UTC 2007

Hello,

my frontend seems to have a strange problem: If I turn on subtitles in
a DVD, every time a new subtitles must be rendered it'll lose some
frames. I doubt that this is hardware related, as it works with
mplayer. Anyway, here's my hardware:

AMD AthlonXP 1800+
512 MB RAM
Shuttle Motherboard
32 MB CF card

If I ssh into the box while watching I can see that there is about
15-20% idle when subtitles are rendered, so it is definitly not a
cpupower-problem. But I don't have any other ideas. Maybe someone else
has a useful hint for me...

Christian