[mythtv-users] Alsa volume control

Justin Luitjens luitjens at cs.utah.edu
Fri Feb 2 03:08:11 UTC 2007

>Mixer should probably be set to 'default'.

This does not work either.

I was just playing around with alsamixer while watching and I noticed this. My motherboard has multiple analog channels (front, back, side, center/woofer).  I only have 1 stereo input on my TV.  Depending on what jack I use for output the corresponding alsa control can change the volume.  However PCM volume has no effect on the sound levels.  There is no option for "Master".  Is there a way to either have mythtv control one of the independent channels or add a master mixer to alsa?

Thanks