[mythtv-users] MPEG2 PS to DVD w/ NAV?

Ant Zucaro azucaro at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 02:59:36 UTC 2007

Hello everyone,

I have dual Hauppauge PVR cards, and they work great (recording NTSC
720x480 at 6000 kbps).  Now I'm looking into putting the files it generates (two
hour, 6.5 GB movies, to be exact) to DVD.  Currently I'm using Avidemux for
the editing work, then re-encoding them to a target file size.  Something
tells me that I'm going about it in a horribly inefficient way.

Here is how I'm doing it now. I'm not using MythArchive at the moment because
it bombed out on me.  Does this seem right?

1. Record the video with Myth
2. Cut out the commercials + other crap with Avidemux
3. Re-encode to a certain file size (about 4GB) using Avidemux with 2-pass.
Note - Should I go to half-d1 at this point to get a higher bitrate?
4. Author the DVD with dvdauthor
5. Burn to DVD (after testing with xine and other apps).

Any further suggestions?  Let me know if more information is needed.

Thanks!

-Ant