[mythtv-users] Twinhan DTV mini ter, myth 0.20, dvb-t - no lock on any channel

Jarrod Harch jarrod.harch at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 02:48:23 UTC 2007

Hello everyone

I've been trying to setup mythtv 0.20 on an Ubuntu edgy eft system, the
tuner card I have is a TwinhanDTV Mini Ter. The card is detected by the
kernel ok and the dvb devices are setup and working properly. I can scan
for channels, and use tzap and dvbstream to tune and stream a channel
into mplayer. Reception is almost perfect on most channels.

Myth can also scan for the channels properly but when I try to 'watch
tv' it is unable to get a lock, I just get a blank screen, and a message
saying that they channel should have locked by now. It happens on every
channel.

It might be related to the post from Matthew Moore (on 23 Jan 2007
"[mythtv-users] AverTV DVB-T = no channel lock"), but seems he didn't
get any further than I have.

Any ideas what might be happening here?

Thanks