[mythtv-users] OT: vonage callerID on mythtv

Jeffrey Born jeff.born at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 12:59:11 UTC 2007

I'm running FC6 so I first tried to use yum, but really didn't find any
matches.  I then went to http://rpm.pbone.net and search there for FC6 rpms
only.  Once found I clicked them, and the software installer seamlessly
grabbed them instead of downloading directly to disk.  Once all the above
packages were installed the script compiled, but did not work for me.  Here
is what I used:

./vonageSniff.pl -ip=192.168.1.1 -f 'udp and port 5060'

Vonage Caller ID Sniff v. 1.03
Developed by: James Armstrong

vonageSniff[7879]: Beginning Sniff...
vonageSniff[7879]: FILTER: udp port 5060
Error opening pcap: socket: Operation not permitted

Question for those more familiar with perl and or networking:

Is this not working because I need to punch a hole in my firewall?

Thanks