[mythtv-users] UPnP problems

Bryan Halter bhalter at armyofpenguins.com
Thu Feb 1 04:22:00 UTC 2007

I'm trying to use UPnP with VLC and am getting the following error from
VLC when it tries to connect to my MythTV install.

[00000284] upnp_intel private debug: Adding server 'MythTV AV Media
Server'
[00000284] upnp_intel private debug: upnp_intel.cpp:696: WARNING:
'MythTV AV Media Server': UPNP_E_SUBSCRIBE_UNACCEPTED

This is followed by a bunch of other errors from VLC's upnp_intel module
which aren't descriptive at all. having my myth box set to log upnp to
the log I get nothing but a bunch of
HTTPWorkerThread::ProcessWork[Begin|End] events.  They are on the same
network and I'm running mythtv 0.20 12376 on Gentoo with the alsa
crciprec dts dvd ieee1394 opengl perl vorbis and xvmc USE flags set.

Any help would be appciated, I should also add that when I try to open
the server in WMP it fails silently.

--Bryan