[mythtv-users] Upnp Xbox 360 and videos showing up under the music selection

Chad Delatte gremlin190 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 31 21:16:18 UTC 2007

> describe. However, I have sub folders in my
> MythVideo section on my backend and only see those
> listed on my XBox. I do not see any of the movies
> that exist on the root of my video folder. Is this
the

What are the file names? The Xbox360 explicity ignores
any files with a .mpg, .iso, .mkv and a few other
names.

Basically if it's not .avi, .wmv or .mp4 it wont even
show it in the list.

> Secondly, are we going to be able to see the tv
shows
> that we have recorded on our backend? I did like to

No. According to MS's own faq on xbox.com the Xbox360
Videoplayer will NOT
play mpeg2 content. Only the MCE extender portion will
do that. And we
know it will not handle out .nuv format.

At some point some sort of live transcoding of
mpeg2->wmv or something
might be an option, but for now it's not.

I had iso's on the root of my video directory, thanks.
 I guess I'll continue using my pvr in my living room
for all other content.
Chad