[mythtv-users] Working backend setup for hd-5500

Jonno jonnojohnson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 18:39:51 UTC 2007

Can someone help me setup the backend correctly for my hd-5500 card?

In the Capture Card setup I choose DVB DTV
Then I select card 0 and the frontend ID reads ok (it shows me 3 card
types, one of which is pc-hdtv)
Then in Analog Options if I choose /dev/video0 the card probe fails
but if I choose /dev/video1 it probes the card correctly as the
hd-5500 so I leave it set to /dev/video1

Now in Input Connections I have a list something like
[DVB:0](DVB Input)->Video Source
->[V4L:/dev/video1](Television)->Video Source
->[V4L:/dev/video1](S-Video)->Video Source
->[V4L:/dev/video1](Composite)->Video Source

Should I select [DVB:0] to set up the scan? I'm guessing that just
sets up all the inputs below the same way. Is it a problem that the
various inputs are listed as V4L rather than DVB?

When I select either DVB:0 or one of the input connections I can then
choose the Capture Card on the next screen for scanning:
If I choose [DVB:0] nothing seems to happen when I try to scan.
If I choose [V4L:/dev/video1] the scan seems to work and I get a list
of channels. Maybe it is using the wrong driver though...
Anyhow, even after it gets the channels and I quit and run
mythfilldatabase I still can't get WatchTB to work on the frontend.