[mythtv-users] Has anyone noticed that Radio Times xml data stops at Dec 31 ??

Alan groups3 at dancecrave.com
Sun Dec 30 19:57:45 UTC 2007

Stephen Kitchener wrote:

>>> I'd be interested to know how "server maintenance" is the cause for no
>>> data being available past Jan 01. Sounds more like bullsh*t from a
>>> droid who has no idea what the real reason is, and who left his brains
>>> on the floor at the last christmas party.
>>>
>>> FWIW, I have done server maintenance over past christmas breaks, and
>>> at no time was it necessary to not store data for the coming year.
>>>
>>> Mike Perkins
>>>

> I still have the problem - the end date seems to have moved a little - to the
> 4 Jan, but there is no new data, the data files on
> http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/ still show 19 Dec as the last time they
> were updated....
>
> So, something has changed, but not a lot
>
> Steve

Oh, well mine is still running out at exactly that time. No program
starts at all in 2008, though a few end in 2008.

When I look at debug from mythfilldatabase (all) there are no start
times in 2008, only a few end times.

The worrying thing is I have switched back to over the air for some of
the main channels, bypassing the online guide and it is still not
picking up anything new.

Can anyone help with any further debug commands I can run to see where
the problem is? I want to see what the grabber is seeing. At the moment
I don't think it's much...

I am wondering if my grabber or something is just too old. I have not
updated since (errrm .. FC4 updates were removed LOL) I know I'll get
moaned at but this system has been working a charm for 2 years or so
with no down time at all (give or take a new PSU) :)
 I have not got round to it but had intended to rebuild in FC8 soon
anyway. Maybe this is my cue..

Alan