[mythtv-users] Category search

Mike Barnard mike at bleeding-head.com
Sat Dec 29 02:49:38 UTC 2007

    I'm confused about the behavior of the "category" search. It seems
to only allow one to search by the first category a given show happens
list. If, for example, I search for a show about how to paint, it might
be categorized as both "Art" and "Educational." But a category search
for "Art" may not turn it up if the first category in the list is
"Educational." Is this by design (and if so, why? It seems like a major
flaw to me) and if I'm doing something wrong, I'd love to know how to do
it right. If there's one thing I've learned over the last couple weeks
about MythTV, it's that it can often do what you want if you know how to
use it, or where to find the relevant options. Thanks!