[mythtv-users] Problem with playback

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 22:52:45 UTC 2007

On Dec 28, 2007 2:37 PM, kim Gross <kgross at jensalt.com> wrote:

> The Motherboard is an Aopen s760gxm with the SIS 760 gx chipset.  The
> board has onboard SIS video, but I have an fx5200 card installed.  The
> processor is a Semeron 3000.  I am thinking about upgradeing to a athlon
> 64 3200, but I'm not sure if it would be enough faster to be worth it.

Is the card in an AGP, PCI or some other slot?  If PCI, maybe you are
having interrupt issues or something.  I would think the sempron would
be fast enough, but the 3200 should definitely do it.  I think I have
a Sempron 3200, but not 100% certain.  Again, I can playback HD
content (although not with the latest nVidia driver), but when I try
to watch it live, it is not as reliable (the funny thing is, if I
record, and then playback from the recordings, while it is still
recording, that seems less problematic).

Can you upgrade to something better than that, like a dual core chip?