[mythtv-users] FYI UK RadioTimes XMLTV not updating...

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Dec 28 14:22:18 UTC 2007

Stephen Kitchener wrote:
> On Friday 28 Dec 2007, David Greaves wrote:
>
>> I've not seen this mentioned here so just an FYI for any confused Brits who
>> aren't on the XMLTV lists really...
>>
>> The xmltv feed from the RadioTimes is currently not updating (since Dev
>> 19th). It's been reported to them by Nick and they acknowledged the problem
>> on 21st.
>>
>> No ETA and no more information AFAIK.
>>
>> Fingers crossed that someone will be working on it today!
>>
>> David
>>

> Hi David,
>
> I did report it some time ago - lets hope that someone is going to work on it
> soon, real soon, I have only data will the end of  31st Dec.
>
> Someone said that it was maintenance that was the cause, but I cannot see why
> maintenance would cause non-updating after the 31st.
>
> If it doesn't get fixed today, there will be nothing done till Monody and that
> may be too late...
>
> Steve

If this thread on Knoppmyth is correct  then it is due to moving servers.

http://knoppmyth.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17478

RT have always sorted things out in the past when there has been
problems.  Please don't forget that RT are under no obligation to supply
this data and we do get if for free so be patient. A lot of people in
other countries are a lot worse of having to spend hours scraping web
pages and some even have to pay for EPG data ;-)

Paul H.