[mythtv-users] Progress

Steve Cooke sa_cooke at iprimus.com.au
Fri Dec 28 06:26:28 UTC 2007

>I strongly suspect, on the (minimal) information you have provided that
>you are generally a windows user and a linux newbie.

No. I worked almost exclusively on Unix and linux machines for the best
part of 10 years. Part of the problem is that that ended 3 years ago - I
had a career change (now a primary teacher). The other part of the
problem is that I simply had not had enough time to nut out MythTV.

However, I am pleased to say I agree with you regarding MythTV not being
a myth - I now have a fully functional MythTV box, recording madly as I
speak. It is wonderful, and very satisfying. In the end (and of course)
the problems were user errors - I had chosen an incorrect setting in the
mythtv setup. Once I'd established what the problem was, the fix was
easy, and the result immediate.

I will write up the stuff I did, used, and came across, because there
was no one-stop-shop for those in Australia wanting to set up MythTV. I
will also include a list of the hardware I have, and the operating
environment.

Now I just have to find time to watch the shows that are recording.
Sadly, I suspect that I won't get to see a lot of them...

Steve.