[mythtv-users] dvd high droping rate

robinlee_r at yahoo.com robinlee_r at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 27 17:41:12 UTC 2007

Hi List;

I hadn't use the dvd player using mythdora 4 in a long while, till last weekend, got some new rentals, simpsons movie, meet the robinsons, hairspray;  everything looked well, trailers showed on both dvd, but then at the moment of getting to the main menu or play the movie, I got this scrambled image and after less than 1 or 2 minutes of playback I got a message from Xine telling me that there was a high rate of droping and xine was going to shutdown, I thought something went wrong with he hardware, but then I played some older DVDs I bought like a year or so like starwars, and those played well.

I thoguth may be is some kind of protection they put on newer dvds, but then I played same dvd on my suse workstation and they worked, do I need to update xine or my codecs, I have the default mythdora 4 installation.

Thanks

Robin