[mythtv-users] Channel X+1 - Records both showings

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 16:38:50 UTC 2007

On 27/12/2007, Andrew Williams <andy at tensixtyone.com> wrote:
> On 26/12/2007, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The most likely cause of this behaviour, is, as Andrew writes, due to
> > different descriptions for programmes shown on +x channels. It's been
> > noticed more and more recently that there are differences in
> > description which causes the duplicate detection to treat timeshifted
> > programmes as being different.
>
> Also, after a quick review of my xmltv data, it looks like that RT
> only put RT reviews in the main channel, not the +1 instance.

Also true. The important side effect of this for MythTV users is that
RT-reviewed programmes will have a different description the first
time they are shown, which causes problems for the scheduler deciding
if a future repeat broadcast of the show is in fact different. Using
the 'Subtitle then Description' dupe detection is one way to work
around this, although a subtitle is required to be present to avoid
matching on the description.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: