[mythtv-users] Mythtv 0.20.2 xbox xebian pkgs now available

Monkey Pet monkeypet at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 07:09:10 UTC 2007

On 12/5/07, Paul Fine <pfine at comcast.net> wrote:

> Steve MacLaren wrote:
> >

> >     deb     http://yoeu.net/debian sarge main
> >     deb
> >     ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/os/Linux/distributions/debian-multimedia/
> >     sarge main
> >

> >     However, if the sites no longer work, you might be SOL.  I think this
> >     configuration was successful around the beginning Sept 2007.
> >
> > Here is another plea to resurrect yoeu.net <http://yoeu.net> and
> > sunet.se <http://sunet.se> sarge main...
> > I should have installed all of the plugins when I had a chance in
> > September; however I neglected mythmusic.  Now that I want to play
> > music on my xbox, I'm running into the same problems with these
> > missing repositories...
> >
> > Anyone know where else I might be able to get a working package for
> > Xebian mythmusic?  I'd try and compile it myself; however the compile
> > from source HOW-TO
> > http://www.xbox-linux.org/wiki/MythTV_0.20_on_Xebian_1.1.4
> > explicitly avoids the topic of compiling plugins for Xebian...
> > --
> > <http://www.vehicledesignsummit.org/website/>
> I was just getting ready to revive this thread.
>
> I just bought a xbox in order to get my backend/frontend system out of
> my living room. I followed various xebian HOWTOs with limited success.
> I was able to get xebian up and running, but I consistently broke the
> install (or at least the X server) when trying to update the packages.
>
> I finally had success by using the E-Image
> (http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Xbox_Install_using_E_Images).  I was
> pleasantly surprised to find that the BitTorrent download of the
> E-Images, even though I think it is a 0.20 build as opposed to a 0.20.2
> build, worked with my 0.20.2 backend.

I guess since people are still using the E-Images, i should update it
with the 0.20.2 frontend.  However, I will have trouble seeding the
files since I am with comcast.

> I believe that with this configuration, I should be able to update to
> 0.20.2 by updating my system and using the build from SVN instructions
> (http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Xbox_Frontend_Compile_with_SVN).
>
> Am I mistaken in believing that I can do this update without having the
> two repositories that Steve mentioned in the previous message?

I think you will the multimedia packages from the other site,
sunet.se.  I don't know what is the status of it.  However, the
yoeu.net site is now back online.