[mythtv-users] DVD copy protection issue?

Al McIntosh junkmail at allanmcintosh.com
Thu Dec 27 00:09:19 UTC 2007

I recently attempted to watch a DVD where xine, mplayer and internal
player all crashed at the same point in play back, an hour or so into
the movie. I figured the DVD was scratched and unplayable.
Until, today I had the same problem with a second movie and am starting
to wonder if it's an issue with copy protection. Only the computer
appears to have a problem playing it back.
I tried cleaning the DVDs which did not make a difference.

xine exits with the following error:
CRC check failed! a52: error at resampling

Has anyone run into this?  We like watching DVDs within keeps everything
simple rather than having to switch the TV and Receiver to the DVD
Player and so forth.  sigh.

Thanks,

Al