[mythtv-users] Problems about radio!!

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 20:22:11 UTC 2007

Hello again!

On Dec 26, 2007 7:54 PM, Per Jørgensen <myth at pbj-design.dk> wrote:

> So for me looking it tryes on the local installed tuner ( which isn't )
> So don't know to rewrite it to point at the Masterbackend instead!

I had a look at the wiki page you referred to. Indeed, the radio hack is
just using ivtv-radio to play on a local machine. Thus it will not work at
all if you have renote frontend. Whuch is what you have discovered already.
:-)

Rewriting it might not be a trivial task. The "TV" part of MythTV have a
special protocol for streaming a video + audio stream from the backend to a
frontend,including a "control channel" for starting and stopping streams,
pause and so on.

You could either use that as a starting point, or you will have to choose
another way.
Basically, you will need two things:
1) a way to control the radio part  of your card in the master backend. A
"remote control" for ivtv-radio if you wish
2) a way to stream the audio from the backend to the selected frontend.

Perhaps looking at the mythmusic code will help you with both 1 and 2.

Good luck!
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen