[mythtv-users] SOLVED: Re: Myth hesitation: Let's try a different tack

Lan Barnes lan at falleagle.net
Wed Dec 26 05:27:26 UTC 2007

On Mon, December 24, 2007 2:29 pm, Gus Wirth wrote:
> Gus Wirth wrote:
>> What video card do have in the system? If it's the one I gave you, then
>> the "nVidia Corporation NV18 [GeForce4 MX 440 AGP 8x]" is the right
>> description, and the drivers are the right drivers. If it's not then you
>> will have to properly identify it.
>
> Whoops, I lied. You have an old set of drivers that were an intermediate
> transition to the phase-out of the FX and MX cards to legacy status. The
> most recent drivers for the MX440 card are the 9643 version. See
> <http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=99186> for info.

It called for a new kernel, but (1) tuning the xorg.conf (may not have
been involved) and (2) changing to driver 9643 fixed the stutter, sound
and video. And, yes, the recordings have been fine all along.

Gus is a Linux god and I am unworthy in his presence.

--
Lan Barnes

SCM Analyst              Linux Guy
Tcl/Tk Enthusiast        Biodiesel Brewer