[mythtv-users] ASUS M2NPV-VM or GIGABYTE GA-M68SM-S2

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 01:18:49 UTC 2007

2007/12/23, Paul Bender <pebender at san.rr.com>:
> Ma Begaj wrote:
> > 2007/12/22, Paul Bender <pebender at san.rr.com>:
> >>
> >> I am using a ASUS M2NPV-VM (BIOS version 1001) with a Microsoft MCE
> >> remote reciever and running kernel 2.6.23.12 and lirc 0.8.3pre3. I have
> >> no need to stop lirc, unload lirc modules or unload usb modules when
> >> using S3 suspend.
> >
> > could you maybe send me your kernel .config file. I believe that my
> > config is ok, but I maybe turned on/off something what I do (not)
> > need.
>
> Done. They can also be found in the MiniMyth GAR build system tarball at
> <http://linpvr.org/minimyth/>.

I decided to spend the energy which I got through the christmas dinner
by testing your config. I had no real success, because there were no
big differences between the configs. I also did not believe that the
cause is hidden in kernel.

I check the USB wakeup jumpers on the motherboard and disabled them
all. But still no success, the system did not want to go to sleep when
ehci-hcd and ohci-hcd were loaded.

I tried the last idea I had... I disabled all USB ports in
/proc/acpi/wakeup ... and ..... the winner was this idea :)

It came to my mind, that jumpers and USB ports in /proc/acpi/wakeup
can stay disabled, because I am using Antec Fusion Black case. the
case has built in LCD and IR receiver and both of these are getting
their power not from USB port but directly from the power supply
(separated cable). IR receiver does not wake the system through USB
but directly through power switch.

and probably the power from power supply woke up the system right
after starting standby. waking up stopped after disabling USB ports in
/proc/acpi/wakeup, but the remote is still able to wake up the system.

well, the situation is that I do not have to rmmod ohci-hcd and
ehci-hcd, but my remote still does not work after waking up. I am not
using lirc_mceusb2 like you but lirc_imon. According to syslog, it is
not able to resume after standby:

Dec 25 00:37:51 mythbox kernel: lirc_imon 2-7:1.0: no resume for
driver lirc_imon?