[mythtv-users] hardware compatibility lists?

Scott list-mythtv at bluecamel.eml.cc
Sun Dec 23 01:22:37 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-12-21 at 15:20 -0500, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Oh, and BTW, I am a firm believer that the right approach is to get a
> CPU with sufficient power to decode the video in real time.  For
> standard-definition TV, any relatively modern CPU is overkill.  For
> high-definition, though, you'll want a pretty good CPU.

I'll second this. Trying to troubleshoot playback issues can be
difficult enough without adding XvMC into the mix. If possible, avoid it
unless your front end specs (requirements) force you to use it.

A mid-range to high end dual core Intel cpu will handle HDTV. Pay
attention to the mobo chipset as well. Don't go buying a budget
motherboard when you expect the motherboard/cpu to do most of the heavy
lifting instead of the graphics card.

--
Scott <list-mythtv at bluecamel.eml.cc>