[mythtv-users] Can anyone using SVN tell me if LiveTV is constantly recorded?

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Sun Dec 23 00:12:36 UTC 2007

Roo wrote:
> On 20/12/2007, nospam312 <nospam312 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Currently my setup uses 60/70W when sat idle and when its recording it
>> uses 80/90W - checked via a plug in meter.  I have recorded figures
>> this time so I can compare before and after.
>
> Actually there has been a number of small changes that have been made
> to reduce power consumption in trunk recently.
>
> If power consumption is a concern for you then you should look at
> using wakeup/shutdown if you are not already.
>
> Also the theme issue mentioned is related to animation I believe, like
> the alpha pulsed logo in G.A.N.T. or the animated character in MePo.

Regarding themes, GANT is constantly 'active' and uses a fair bit of CPU
  which would be reflected in the power usage of the computer. The
computer can never throttle down (if that is one of its capabilities and
it is set up for it).

You might start by trying titivillus or one of the other static themes.

Geoff