[mythtv-users] ASUS M2NPV-VM or GIGABYTE GA-M68SM-S2

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 04:16:07 UTC 2007

On Dec 21, 2007 5:43 PM, Mitch Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have see lots of posts about the Asus.  People seem to use them with good
> success.  I am upgraded my Mythbox due to getting tired of XvMC, lock up
> with IVTV, and no suspend.  I want to do my research this time and am
> interested in a few things:

I have put together nearly 100 computers in the last 10 years using
various motherboard manufacturers at work and at home and of the
various manufacturers I have used, TYAN (for servers) and asus
(desktops) are the best I have used. I would include gigabyte in that
list but I only bought one of those. I would stay away from ECS,
asrock, fic, and FOXCONN as I each of these had their problems. A few
were DOA and others had quirky problems after in some time in use.

I actually have a few M2N boards ( not the same model the one you
pick) at work and they work very well. I am using two of these as file
servers using software raid 6. One using the 6 750GB Seagate 7200.10
drives and the other using 6 320GB Seagate 7000.10 drives.

John