[mythtv-users] ATI HDTV Wonder - Tunes, but "no tables"?

Ty Unes riverty at kc.rr.com
Fri Dec 21 17:56:19 UTC 2007

Hello mythtv list!

I have an interesting but troublesome problem with my mythtv drv box
that I'm looking for help on. My system is as follows:

1 x ASUS M2N-E Motherboard
2 x 1GB DDR-II
1 x 120GB Seagate SATA-II - system boot drive
2 x 320GB Seagate SATA-II - 1 for dvr, 1 for storage
1 x Lite-On DVD/RW (IDE)
1 x Lite-On CD-ROM (IDE) - for playing audio CD's only
1 x Lite-On DVD/RW (SATA)
1 x NVidia GeForce 7950 GT (PCIx)
2 x Hauppauge PVR-150 PCI Tuner
1 x ATI HDTV Wonder PCI Tuner
1 x Hauppauge PVR-150 Silver Remote Control
All in a CoolerMaster Case

Operating system is Linux (Mythbuntu 7.10)

Everything works great on the system except the HD tuner. The kernel
detects the HD card and modules are loaded fine. In Mythtv, I have the
card as follows:

Card Type: DVB DTV Capture Card (v3.x)
Card Number: 0
Frontend ID: Nextwave NXT200x VSB/QAM
Signal Timeout: 3000
Tuning Timeout: 5500

The data source is Schedules Direct (paid account)

When I do a scan using Terrestrial 8-VSB (I have an HD antenna that
works fine direct to my HD TV) the card will lock on channels for a bit,
then kick out "no tables" in the resulting channel list. I get a list
with "no signal" and I get "no tables" on the channels it locks on. The
result is no HD channels found.

To rule out a few things, the antenna works fine and gives good signal
when hooked directly to my HDTV so it's not the antenna. The HDTV Wonder
card works fine when I boot Windows Media Center and test so it's not
the card or hardware. To me, it seems to be something with the current
HDTV Wonder driver or channel to database mappings in mythtv. Some bug,
I dunno.

I have done a fair bit of surfing to find the answer on the internet to
no avail. I have found a few posts back in 2004 about this problem in
the developer code but no fix or explanation.

Please help me figure this out. It's the only thing that doesn't work on
this system and yet it seems to be "so close" to working perfectly. I
just don't know what or where to start to get this resolved. I'm fairly
good on Linux machines but new to mythtv.

Thanks for your time...

Ty.