[mythtv-users] New nVidia 169.07 and interlace changes?

Alex Halovanic halovanic at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 17:05:44 UTC 2007

> In any case, that reported refresh rate causes the frontend to
> disallow bob de-interlacing when running at 1080i, which works
> perfectly otherwise, and produces the best display of 1080i content I
> can get by far.  Seth will concur.
>
> Tom

I concur as well, and this is also true with direct component out which should
be using the correct tv mode timings.  The patch for the refresh rate also is
necessary for me to apply any 2x filters to any interlaced video, and it's
especially necessary for 480i broadcasts since those won't sync up very well
to a 1080i set without some deinterlacing.  Really the only thing I've ever
noticed with the patch that might be a bug is that manually switching the
video playback to progressive from interlaced or autodetected interlace
causes the video to temporarily play at a funny rate and lose sync with the
audio for a few seconds before it corrects itself.  Also, as has been
mentioned a million times, some versions of the patch have a "&&" instead of
the correct "&".

With the patch I was at one point even able to get completely correct synced
1080i output with no deinterlacing at all.  The one problem was that myth was
only syncing to the top fields half the time, and the other half I would
either have to pause/restart the playback until by chance it got it right, or
set the video scan to reverse interlaced.  Either way it stayed exactly in
sync (or exactly out of sync) through an entire program.  I couldn't
duplicate the behavior without the framerate patch.

Alex