[mythtv-users] Reconnecting an old antenna

Marc Sherman msherman at projectile.ca
Fri Dec 21 14:03:35 UTC 2007

David Brodbeck wrote:

> I'd second this.
>
> Beware ... These towers are usually hollow, and can rust from the
> INSIDE!  They can also fill with water, freeze, and split!  If there
> are any signs of corrosion or cracking, do NOT climb the tower.  Take
> it down, get another.  It can be replaced, you can't.
>
> Also, if the tower has a rooftop mount, or a tilt-over type mount,
> don't try to climb it.  Those types of mounts are not designed to bear
> the weight of a person, at least not without temporary guys.

Wow, thanks for all the advice, folks. I've actually climbed the tower a
few times since I bought the house, to inspect the roof. I had no idea
what a risk I was taking.

The tower is literally right beside the house, and I've got an extension
ladder, so I'll climb the ladder to do the antenna work.

- Marc