[mythtv-users] [OT, again] digital TV antennae (was Re: OT: Digital signal bands - Was: Horrible Audio Problems on Video Glitch)

Dewey Smolka dsmolka at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 04:24:02 UTC 2007

If only there were anything worth listening to on AM radio that would
be better with 'FM quality'. If only there were anything on FM radio
worth listening to that would be better at 'CD quality'.

In my own humble experience, AM radio is only really good for
listening to out-of-state baseball games late at night, and FM radio
is only really good for listening to public/college radio.

The quirky stuff at the low end of the FM dial would be just as
interesting on AM, and the baseball games would be just as interesting
broadcast as Morse code.

Considering the sort of uber-compression on most FM stations use, I'm
not sure I need to be urged to buy a new car in 'CD quality'.

Now if only Comcast would be willing to give me DiscoveryHD for the
duration of the Planet Earth run . . .