[mythtv-users] New nVidia 169.07 and interlace changes?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 23:53:43 UTC 2007

Wow...check this announcement on the nVidia site:

...especially this note:

"Improved support for interlaced DVI, HDMI, and HDTV modesetting."

I usually wait until the drivers hit Gentoo portage before installing
them, so I'm not sure when I'll get to try that.

My big question is just what that statement means about interlaced
DVI.  I'm hoping this might actually mean a fix for the age old
interlace tearing issues, but they may just mean the issues with
built-in HD modes not working (requiring custom mode lines).  the fact
that is specifically says 'modesetting' makes me leery that it may
only mean the latter.

If anyone gets to try it before me (especially those with interlaced
displays that currently have to use de-interlacing) please report
back.

Got my fingers crossed on that one.  That'd be huge for sure.

Tom