[mythtv-users] Can anyone using SVN tell me if LiveTV is constantly recorded?

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Dec 20 01:25:36 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-19 at 11:49 -0800, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Dec 19, 2007, at 11:47 AM, nospam312 wrote:
>
> > I am thinking of installing the SVN version of MythTV but the last
> > time I gave it a go I found it was using much more CPU/Electricity due
> > to it in part continually recording LiveTV to disk even when you were
> > not watching live TV.  Can anyone confirm that this is the not the
> > case?
>
> I don't believe it ever did this. It certainly doesn't now.

It has never intentionally done this, but there have been bugs in
the past that caused this type of behaviour. We generally try to
keep the trunk as free of serious bugs as possible, but they do
occur. AFAIK there are none at the moment as we're trying to stabilize
for a release. The only big commit coming is for multirec/inputgroups,
but it looks like that's not going to happen until the first week
of January.

-- Daniel