[mythtv-users] Anyone else? - Reproducible frontend crash playing HD MPEG2

William Price wrprice at alumni.rice.edu
Tue Dec 18 21:49:11 UTC 2007

David George wrote:
> What version are you running?  Are you capturing OTA, QAM, firewire,
> something else?

0.20.2-something (RPM build from atrpms)
Fedora 7 w/ latest updates
capturing QAM-256 (Comcast) using a Fusion HDTV5 Gold

It has only happened so far on two programs, but I haven't played back
everything I've recorded and I'm hoping it's not systemic.  Copying the
file over to my desktop box (same OS) lets me play the file with gXine
without any issue.

I've tried switching my playback preferences between 'standard',
'standard XvMC', 'libmpeg2', etc. with seemingly no effect.  I suppose
Myth always uses ffmpeg somewhere under the hood -- it sounds like a
likely candidate.