[mythtv-users] Anyone else? - Reproducible frontend crash playing HD MPEG2

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 15:30:12 UTC 2007

On Dec 18, 2007 9:45 AM, Mike LaPlante <mike at dividia.net> wrote:

> Rich's news is disturbing, I plan to go OTA soon and a I was hoping
> these things were firewire related. Anyways, the one time I had it
> segfault was months ago and upgraded SVN trunk several times since then.
> Its possible some update made the frontend handle these better.
>
> Mike

I wouldn't worry about it.  I get those errors as well but only if
something causes pretty abnormal interference with my OTA reception.
That results in corrupted MPEG2 data.  In rare cases it's been bad
enough to crash the frontend.  It's from corrupted MPEG2 data however,
not anything specific to OTA.

Tom