[mythtv-users] How to choose the XV port for mythfrontend

Tino Keitel tino.keitel at gmx.de
Tue Dec 18 11:33:11 UTC 2007

On Mon, Dec 17, 2007 at 13:30:31 -0500, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 12/17/2007 07:04 AM, Tino Keitel wrote:
> > how can I choose the XV port that mythfrontend uses? The intel driver
> > supports Textured Video and Video Overlay. Mythfrontend chooses
> > Textured Video, maybe becuase it is the first in the list. However, as
> > I still have problems with tearing video, I'd like to try the Video
> > Overlay port. Can I do this without patching the source?
>
> Nope.  http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/14479 .
>
> That means that the fix is in SVN trunk (that part of mythtv-vid was

Err, I already use trunk, but I get this message in the frontend log:

Chromakeying not possible with this XVideo port.

And then the frontend still uses xv port 73, which is the textured
video XV adator. If I understand the above changeset right,
mythfrontend should skip the textured video adaptor, as it doesn't have
an XV_COLORKEY attribute.

Regards,
Tino