[mythtv-users] What is the recommended power management system to use with MythTv?

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 10:52:35 UTC 2007

2007/12/18, Don Brett <dlbrett at zoominternet.net>:
> I've been researching power saving strategies for a while, but I haven't
> quite figured out which strategy to use with MythTv.  I have a dedicated
> system (mostly) that could easily be turned off much of the day.
>
> I've seen shutdown/wakeup, suspend2, mythshutdown, nvram-wakeup, and
> others.  Does anyone know or have a link to a recommended approach?
> Thanks,

STR (suspend to ram/S3)  is IMHO the way to go if  it works for you.
it wakes up in 4-5 seconds, it gets suspended in 3-4 seconds.

You can info in mythtv wiki and probably on the homepage of your
distribution. You can test it on the shell by running "echo mem
>/sys/power/state". Check syslog and messages for debugging, because
you will probably have to turn of some devices (remove modules) before
suspending.