[mythtv-users] Capture card setup woes

Barkhat barkhat at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 03:40:40 UTC 2007

Hi

I'm new to LInux--using Linux Mint 4 (based on Ubuntu 7.10).  I installed it
on a Gateway computer (model GM5483E) that was recently purchased with
Vista. (I no longer have Vista on the computer).

I can't seem to get past the capture card setup point as I get the message
"failed to open" . According to the specs of the Gateway this tuner card is
PCId analog/digital with 3dcomb. The web site says it is Avermedia 791
(NTSC/ATSC) tv tuner card. According to the site the Vista driver supports
ATI 550 TV Tuner driver (if that matters).

At any rate, there does not seem to be a /dev/video* showing up at all. I'm
really lost and don't know how to get this working. Can anyone please help
me?

Thank you.

Egyirba