[mythtv-users] Make "Yes" default when exiting frontend

Bill Nary billn77 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 19:23:14 UTC 2007

I haven't done this, and don't know if it's possible, but is there a way to
involve a script?  With a remote keypress, have it send a /escape key/, then
a down arrow through lirc.  If you were using the Escape key, I guess you
would have to know what screen you were on.
I know when creating the script to turn off the monitor with the on/off
button, the button press is picked up by the system and not by Myth, and
sends the monitor off command.  Could you have the on/off button picked up
by the system, run a script that sends the System Exit and a down arrow
command to
Myth?  If you wanted to be really cool, it could check if Myth was
running, and if it wasn't, turn off the monitor.  Then the whole
shutdown would be ON/OFF button, OK button (to select the now
highlighted "yes"), then the ON/OFF button again to turn off the
monitor.