[mythtv-users] screensaver issues

Jay Mallar jaymallar at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 15:04:46 UTC 2007

Petr Stehlik wrote:
> Brad Crotchett wrote:
>
>> xscreensaver, but it will kick in while watching TV so that definitely
>> won't work.  Any help is appreciated.
>>

> Myth contains code that prevents xscreensaver to kick in while you're
> watching anything so there is something wrong with your setup, I'd say.

I'm guessing you're referring to the DPMS stuff here, right?

Can't tell you how annoying it is to turn off DPMS before starting myth,
and then have it override my settings and turn it back on.

Not everyone has a DPMS-aware TV/monitor and it's just not a good
experience to have my TV switch to static, very loud static.