[mythtv-users] Issues with new MythDora 4.0 install on new Pundit P1-AH2 box

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 14:02:21 UTC 2007

On Dec 17, 2007 4:24 AM, Fredrik Hallgarde <mythtv at tedde.nu> wrote:

<snip>

> Regarding the muting, are you able to control volume at all?
> Check what audio you are controlling, I think the default is PCM. On my
> mac mini frontend with OpenSuse I had to set it to master to get volume
> (including mute) to work.

That seems to be the problem.  I'm working with temporary resources in
the "workshop", including a pair of earphones with a too-short cable, so
when I heard audio output, I took the on-screen display at it's word when
it reported changing the volume, but I couldn't ignore it when I could still
hear audio after I tried muting.  Should have checked the volume controls
too.  That's all I had time for before going to work, so I'll have to work on
getting control of the audio when I get home tonight.

Thanks for the pointer!

Now the question is how to configure an nVidia 6150 based motherboard
video interface to work on TV-out over S-Video without a monitor
connected -- I'll probably have to ssh in to try different settings or find a
suitable xorg.conf example.

Craig.