[mythtv-users] Startup script

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Mon Dec 17 03:28:36 UTC 2007

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Dec 16, 2007, at 7:12 PM, Harry Devine wrote:
>

>> OK, I found the startup.sh script in /home/mythtv/.kde/Autostart, but
>> adding the mythfrontend call to it has no effect.  Anything else I
>> should be looking for?  Here's my /home/mythtv/.kde/Autostart/
>> startup.sh
>> script:
>>
>> [mythtv at HJDMyth ~]$ more .kde/Autostart/startup.sh
>> #!/bin/bash
>> /usr/bin/mythfrontend &
>>

> Are you sure you're using kde? Are you sure the mythfrontend binary is
> in /usr/bin? It's probably in /usr/local/bin. It could also be a
> permissions issue if your script isn't set to be executable.
>
> You should test it by using it from the command line to make sure your
> script actually works.

If I run it from the command line it works fine.  I'm not 100% sure if
I'm using KDE or not, but the original script file called
/usr/share/mythdora/mythfrontend.sh and that used to work (until I
removed it and upgraded to SVN).  So, I'm going with the assumption that
I'm using KDE.  The auto-login as the mythtv user still works as
always.  Also, the permissions on that file are 755 and are owned by
mythtv.mythtv (user.group).

Thanks,
Harry