[mythtv-users] Startup script

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Mon Dec 17 02:27:44 UTC 2007

I originally installed my Myth system with Mythdora 4.0, but have since
updated it to the 11/19/2007 SVN RPM from Axel's site.  Whenever I boot
my box now (have had some power outages recently, so sometimes the box
shuts off;  I really need to look into an UPS, huh? ;-) ), mythfrontend
doesn't start automatically as it did when I had the Mythdora setup
installed.  So, I figured I could just add /usr/bin/mythfrontend to my
/etc/rc.local file.  However, when the box boots up, the frontend still
doesn't start.  I don't see anything in /var/log/messages to indicate
why this is.

Is /etc/rc.local an acceptable place to do this?  If not, can someone
give me an idea of where I should to this?

Thanks,
Harry