[mythtv-users] How to deal with moving QAM channels?

Michael Rice mikerice1969 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 22:35:42 UTC 2007

Last night I had two PBS shows set to record on my HDHR.  This morning
I noticed the file was missing for these recordings.  Looking in the
log I saw the "Program #13 not found in PAT!".  Took me awhile but I
realized the channel had changed locations.  I verified this by
checking the TV and saw that channel was no longer listed.  I think
Comcast moved it to space opened by removing analog channels a few
months ago...  so others might see this.

Anyway I ran:

hdhomerun_config ffffffff scan 0

Found the new frequency... went into the channel editor and created a
new transport.  Didn't see how to associate the mplexid to the channel
in the editor so I edited the
channel table.  Seems to be working ok now.

So I'd really like to know when a channel is moved as soon as possible
so I can fix it.  Does anyone have an automated way of checking this?
Something that can be run once a day in a cron job?  I think I got
lucky this time and only lost 2 recordings but next time I might not
be so lucky...