[mythtv-users] recording not starting on time - one cause

Chris Isip cmisipster at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 21:09:03 UTC 2007

In my effort to get rid of the ivtv buffers full errors in dmesg, I have
made a couple of conclusions.  Running optimize_mythdb.pl and backing up the
mythtv database will result in this error.   Furthermore, backing up the
myth database with mysqldump causes the server to be unresponsive for the
duration of the backup which means no playback possible on any frontends and
no recording will start.  The backend does not actually crash.  It seems any
playback or recording is "queued" and starts immediately after mysqldump
finnishes.  Hence the missing 8 minutes at the beginning of my recordings at
1 AM.  Just thought I'd let the list know, in case somebody else is having
these problems.