[mythtv-users] mythtv scheduling hours limitations

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sun Dec 16 02:13:03 UTC 2007

On Dec 15, 2007, at 5:14 PM, Andrew Davidson wrote:

> Is there a way to limit the range that mythtv considers for
> scheduling?
>
> I don't have a reason to have my myth box on all day every day, and
> am trying to configure it so that mythtv will only consider the
> hours that the box will be up and running.
>
> I would hate for it to plan to record a later showing and then be
> off at that time.
>
> Any ideas?

You could manually add a where clause to all of your recording
scheduling queries to only search for programs within a certain
timeframe. I don't believe there's anything built in to accommodate
this. Most people who want the machine off when not in use will set up
the box to wake up when the next recording is about to start and shut
down when it's done.